How to Sell a Car at a Dealership & Selling a Car in NJ
When you are looking to get your next Marlton vehicle, many dealers in the Turnersville-area will offer to buy your current vehicle. You can save money on your next vehicle when you learn how to sell a car in NJ. Whatever you decide to do, Honda of Turnersville answers the question “how does selling your car to a dealership work?” Learn about the selling process today!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work in Turnersville?
Selling a car in NJ at your local Berlin dealership is an easy process:
- Clean Up Your Car: The first step to learning how to sell a car in NJ is simple, have your car washed, detailed, and replace small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats. This is a simple way to increase the value of your vehicle before you bring it to the dealership.
- Confirm the Benefits Of Your Car: Put together a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle, listing its additional features, and accessories like extra key fobs or bike mounts – all of which will increase the value of your vehicle and make it more appealing to dealerships.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Having your vehicle’s title ready when you sell it will save time on the dealer’s end and get you your offer faster.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Use tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to find the trade-in value of your car. You can use this number to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to buy your car for.
- How to sell a car at a dealership by picking your dealership wisely: If you have a newer, gently used vehicle then most Berlin dealerships will buy it regardless of their inventory or the car’s initial condition. An older model car may be easier to sell at a used car dealership instead.
How to Sell a Car in NJ: What to Expect
When you’re figuring out how to sell a car at a dealership, and after preparing your car for sale, you can expect the rest of the process to go as follows:
- Make an Appointment: This helps the dealer know to expect you and they can have the proper documents ready.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. They’ll collect your information, then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: In some cases, the Used Car Manager will inspect your vehicle, or they’ll have it taken to their service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Based on what the dealership offers you, you can accept the offer or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.
Benefits of Selling a Car in NJ
Now that we’ve answered the question, how does selling your car to a dealership work, you may be curious, what are the benefits:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: Avoid the hassles of selling your car privately and save time. You won’t have to worry about listing your car online, fielding potential buyers, and inviting strangers to your Vineland home for test drives.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Using your vehicle as a trade-in allows you to apply your current vehicle’s value towards your new car. This allows you to offset the price of your new vehicle or significantly lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade-in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from Honda of Turnersville, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Sell Your Car at Honda of Turnersville Today!
Trading-in or selling your vehicle can help you save on your next vehicle. Contact our finance center today if you’re curious about selling your current vehicle to us! You can also browse our car buying tips to learn more about our financing options.
More from Honda of Turnersville
If you’re in the need of a Honda SUV to elevate your Marlton and Vineland commute, then you can find the right match with any of the new 2023 Honda HR-V trim levels. This improved Honda SUV lineup ensures you have the brand’s signature performance and fuel savings along with accommodating features to get you…
If you’re ready to sport a new Honda SUV to keep you moving around Marlton, then you’ll appreciate everything that the new 2023 Honda CR-V has to offer. At the time of the 2023 Honda CR-V release date this summer, the automaker has unveiled a host of details on this stunning new iteration of one…
If you’re in the market for a new SUV with plenty of space for all of your luggage, check out the 2022 Honda Pilot with Honda of Turnersville today! The Honda Pilot’s trunk space is an impressive 83.9 cubic feet. The Honda Pilot also has all the latest performance, technology, and safety features you’ve come to…