2021 Honda CR-V Towing Capacity
Looking for a compact crossover that’s agile and efficient, yet powerful enough for some light towing? You’ll find it in the 2021 Honda CR-V, which can tow up to 1,500 pounds when equipped with an optional tow hitch and other CR-V towing features. So, how much can a Honda CR-V tow at each configuration? Explore the specs with Honda of Turnersville in the guide below, and then browse new CR-V models on our lot right now in Turnersville!
How Much Can a Honda CR-V Tow?
How much can a Honda CR-V tow across the trim lineup, and how do optional features impact towing capability? Actually, you don’t need a trim upgrade to access the CR-V’s top towing capacity! The base trim features a 1.5L I-4 engine that generates 190 horsepower and 179 pound-feet of torque, and a CR-V towing capacity of 1,500 pounds. That’s enough power to tow a wide variety of camping and sports equipment:
- An ATV
- Jet skis
- Small teardrop camper
- Small non-motorized boat
- 16-foot tandem axle utility trailer
- And more!
With an 850-pound payload capacity on the base trim, you’re free to load up the CR-V cabin with heavy items like building supplies and furniture. At higher trim levels, you’ll have up to 1,106 pounds of payload capacity at your disposal.
Honda CR-V Towing Package
How much can a Honda CR-V tow with the available towing package? You’ll be able to tow up to 1,500 pounds with or without it, but additional CR-V towing features will give you better control over your cargo or trailer, especially when driving conditions in Marlton are less than ideal:
- Honda CR-V Towing Package – You’ll have all the gear you need to tow heavy loads through Vineland: tow hitch, drawbar, hitch harness, and optional Power Tailgate Hands-Free Access Adapter.
- Hill Start Assist – With Hill Start Assist, your CR-V won’t roll back on steep inclines.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control – The VSA® system strategically dustribites torque to enhance traction on slick roads.
- Brake Assist – With this system engaged, the brakes are triggered automatically if the driver isn’t able to respond fast enough to avoid a collision.
- Real-Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™– The available Honda Real-Time AWD™ drivetrain offers tighter handling and more reliable traction, even on unpredictable terrain and unsteady surfaces.
Honda CR-V Cargo Space
The CR-V may be compact, but you can fit a lot more junk in the trunk than you might expect. Plus, 60/40-split rear seats allow you to reconfigure your seating and cargo space in seconds. Whether you’re on carpool duty in Berlin or road-tripping to the ends of the earth, you won’t want for space:
- Cargo Volume Behind 1st Row – 75.8 cubic feet
- Cargo Volume Behind 2nd Row – 39.2 cubic feet
Test Drive a New Honda CR-V for Sale in Turnersville
Now that you know how much a Honda CR-V can tow, you’re probably wondering if there’s anything this compact crossover can’t do! Contact us to schedule a test drive, learn more about our used Honda SUVs, and get behind the wheel of a CR-V or CR-V Hybrid today or to compare the Honda Pilot vs. Honda CR-V.
Learn More at Honda of Turnersville
For a long time, Marlton drivers who wanted a fuel-efficient and dependable vehicle have turned to the Honda Civic. The latest iteration of the Honda Civic sedan features an updated exterior with impressive fuel efficiency and performance to boot. But what really makes the 2022 Honda Civic sedan shine is the refreshed interior it provides.
The Honda CR-Vregularly makes the shortlist on many compact SUV comparisons, thanks to its great design and economy-focused engineering. The Honda CR-V MPG ratings vary by trim, but Marlton drivers can net up to 28 mpg city / 34 mpg highway* in this car! Honda of Turnersville covers more information about the Honda CR-V gas mileage…
Looking for a compact crossover that’s agile and efficient, yet powerful enough for some light towing? You’ll find it in the 2021 Honda CR-V, which can tow up to 1,500 pounds when equipped with an optional tow hitch and other CR-V towing features.